Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for recommended site that is honest

Marina wrote:
My sister says she needs a special air filter for her Trane furnace/air
conditioner.
(that's all the info I got from her).

The technician came out to measure for a filter today and said it would
cost $700. She needs extra filtering due to asthma and lots of dust in her
house.

I'm hoping there is a good site where the cost is a little lower and you
know they are a good honest site?
Thanks.
Marina

If this is making a new filter housing for the unit I would try to find
out the actual filter cost and the materials and labor breakdown. $700
may be ok at the rates some places charge.

In my previous house I used to run an electronic air cleaner on the
central air system . More expensive to install but cheaper to operate
long term.

Looking for recommended site that is honest Pop Home Repair 0 July 21st 06 08:53 PM
Looking for recommended site that is honest CraigT Home Repair 0 July 21st 06 07:50 PM
Craft site Michael Woodturning 5 April 24th 05 07:37 PM
The Best Woodworking Web Site? Unisaw A100 Woodworking 18 March 6th 05 11:09 PM