Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,rec.auto,rec.autos,rec.autos.misc

Default OT- Looking for a good RV roof sealant

I live in a trailer. Been having a roof leak, for years. A neighbor
was kind enough to paint on some roof coat stuff -- silver stuff in a
5 gal bucket. didn't seem to help.

Another friend suggested some mylar tape with tar, from Lowe's. That
didn't help, either.

So, I got up on the roof with a torch, and melted it down as best I
could to get it to seal. Next rain, it leaked. As usual.

Finally back to Home Depot, and got a 1 gal can of roofing tar,
supposed to work in all kinds of situations. And spent two and a half
bucks on a disposable trowel. Shovelled that on, and spread it over
the mylar foil stuff. Now, a couple rain storms later, and no leaks.

I reccomend the stuff in the galon can, and buy a trowel to use once
and throw away.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
Anybody know of a good product to seal some leaks along the seams of
an RV roof? Should I remove the old stuff up there before applying
new sealant?

TIA

--
RC