Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default earwigs

any non toxic way to trap or kill these *******s?
cj

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cj" wrote in message
any non toxic way to trap or kill these *******s?
cj

Spiders A couple of giant house spiders would probably decimate the
population.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control

In article , Eigenvector says...

"cj" wrote in message
any non toxic way to trap or kill these *******s?
cj

Spiders A couple of giant house spiders would probably decimate the
population.

Hmmm.

To the original poster - you probably will get more help on
alt.consumers.pest-control.

Cheers,
Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control

:
:"cj" wrote in message
: any non toxic way to trap or kill these *******s?
: cj
:
:Spiders A couple of giant house spiders would probably decimate the
:population.
:
:
:
:Hmmm.
:
:To the original poster - you probably will get more help on
:alt.consumers.pest-control.
:
:Cheers,
:Banty

I haven't done it but have read that putting out a rolled wet newspaper
or such will attract them en-mass.

They breed like mad in my compost pile and have never thought it
possible to do anything about that. I just hope to keep them off my
seedlings (tomatoes and squash, for the most part). For that I dust with
diazinon when the plants are very small and stop once they get going.
Yes, you asked for a non-toxic method, but I haven't determined one
that's practical for me.

Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

cj wrote:

any non toxic way to trap or kill these *******s?

Earwigs were a problem, then I got some chickens for the back yard.
Didn't see a single earwig the entire time I had them. The also chased
down mice, and everything inbetween size-wize.

Provided fresh eggs a benefit.

--
Silly sig to prevent isp ad
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control

On 21-Jul-2006, Banty wrote:

any non toxic way to trap or kill these *******s?
cj

You want a non toxic way to eliminate these, sure eliminate the moisture
source they are seeking and you will eliminate the earwigs. It is as easy as
that. They are after a moisture source somewhere around your home and if you
eliminate it you will get rid of the crawlies. The only problem is the
moisture source may be under your home and if it is on a slab then you may
not be able to get to it, but if all is well and you can find it get rid of
it and you will be in business 100% non toxic, so how's that for an answer
from a Pest Control Operator, and people think all we do is spray chemicals
for everything, well that isn't always the case.

Good luck and keep us posted about your progress and or success if you will.

--
I wish you all the best
Tim Wise

www.onepest.com