Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable Tarp Canopy parts needed

I am not sure what newsgroup to put this.
I often see guys at flea markets and other events take electrical
conduit and using special corners that have bolts in them, create a
frame to attach a tarp to provide shade and keep out the rain. I have
a need for this sort of thing. The problem is where to buy these
special corner fasteners.

They look like peices of pipe where they form a TEE plus an upright
for the roof, so there are 3 holes and each has a bolt. The conduit
goes in the hole and the bolt is tightened,

Does anyone know of a company that sells them, or at least what are
they called so I can google for them. I dont kno wwhere to begin
looking.

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

Does anyone know of a company that sells them, or at least what are
they called so I can google for them. I dont kno wwhere to begin
looking.

Mark

Try http://www.snapclamp.com/

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Better off with http://www.creativeshelters.com/DisplayFittings.asp

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

I made a temp structure for shade a couple of years ago similar to what
you are after..Before I had my mig welder..I used PVC pipe fittings and
electrical conduit. I cannot recall what size either was but the right
combination fit perfectly into each other..I believe the others that
you see are made not bought because I have never seen them for sale but
yet all the swap meet guys and farmers market people have them honestly
my solution worked very well and if you do a bit of modification cross
braces and the sort im sure you will get pretty god use out of it good
luck