Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central A/C question

I'm looking to move the thermostat from the 2nd floor to the main floor
because most our daily life occurs on the main floor.
Is this a big/expensive job?

Any info is helpful,

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking to move the thermostat from the 2nd floor to the main floor
because most our daily life occurs on the main floor.
Is this a big/expensive job?

Any info is helpful,

If the existing thermostat wire runs nearby where you want to put the new
one-- or you can run a new wire from the furnace/AC to that location, it's
not a real big job.

Make sure you site the new thermo in the middle of the living area about
five feet high on an inside wall out of the sun and away from windows,
registers/radiators

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Richard Blaine" Rick@cafeamericaine wrote in
:

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking to move the thermostat from the 2nd floor to the main
floor because most our daily life occurs on the main floor.
Is this a big/expensive job?

Any info is helpful,

If the existing thermostat wire runs nearby where you want to put the
new one-- or you can run a new wire from the furnace/AC to that
location, it's not a real big job.

Make sure you site the new thermo in the middle of the living area
about five feet high on an inside wall out of the sun and away from
windows, registers/radiators

and away from
windows, registers/radiators

TV! and anything else that gives off heat heat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

We live in a house that's very difficult to heat and cool evenly (built
over 110 years in various sections and materials).

Last year I finally broke down and bought a Carrier wireless
thermostat:

http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...wireless.shtml

We move it to any area we expect to occupy for a few hours. Works great
- temp is always right for the area and time of day/night - don't know
why we put put for the old arrangement for years.

Michael Thomas
Pargaon Home Inspection. LLC
Chicago, IL
mdtATparagoninspectsDOT com
847-475-5668

Central Heating question Rob Walford UK diy 3 May 7th 06 12:33 PM
central heating inhibitor question john Smith UK diy 11 January 15th 05 01:59 PM
Gas Central Heating question p UK diy 4 November 7th 04 09:38 PM
FAQ Question re. central heating Andy Hall UK diy 24 August 14th 03 02:31 PM