Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ipe + messmers on deck

I built a ipe deck and rolled on messmers UV for hardwoods. It's about
2 weeks later now, and it LOOKS great, but it seems to scratch VERY
easily. If I drag a 5 lb deck chair across it, it appears to be
scraping the messmers finish off. Do I need to apply something else
over Messmers? Or does it take longer than a couple weeks to dry? Im
upset my brand new perfect deck is starting to look like crap, I have
to go do all this touchup work now.. Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

mfreak wrote:

I built a ipe deck and rolled on messmers UV for hardwoods. It's about
2 weeks later now, and it LOOKS great, but it seems to scratch VERY
easily. If I drag a 5 lb deck chair across it, it appears to be
scraping the messmers finish off. Do I need to apply something else
over Messmers? Or does it take longer than a couple weeks to dry? Im
upset my brand new perfect deck is starting to look like crap, I have
to go do all this touchup work now.. Any comments/suggestions?

Read the FAQ at http://www.messmers.com/faq_uh.html. I would lay odds
that you put it on too soon and built it up too heavily and didn't remove
the excess.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate