Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two Saturns, one key

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:38:00 +0000, David Teichholtz wrote:

When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch had
been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have the

switch
coded to the car.

Today, while doing some other work to the car which involved having one

of
the door skins off, I decided to pull both door lock cylinders, the

trunk
cylinder and the ignition and get them coded to the key to my 95 SW1.

Now
one key works both cars. Locksmith charged $40 to recode the cylinders.

-David

I have two Dodge trucks, a 90 and a 92. I had a set of keys made with the 90
key on one side and the 92 on the other. Now, depending on which way I
insert the key, it will open either truck.

Al