Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning A/C drain lines

For the first time in 15 years my A/C drain stopped up. Since the
drain is from the attic area then connects to another A/C in the
basement I had to undo the basement line, stop it up, then blew
compressed air into the line using a blow gun hooked up to my
compressor. I have no idea why it was clogged or what was in there
(anyone know?). After using the compressed air the water began to
flow out. I was wondering the typical procedure for cleaning a (long)
A/C drain line. This line is PVC pipe. A neighbor suggested using
household bleach to clean it out.