Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Stuart S. Berr

Default drain lines for small septic field

I have heard that there are a new type of drain lines that allow one to
site a drain field in a much smaller space. They are shaped like a
pyamid instead of just a straight line. Does anyone know of these? Is
there a web site I can go to and order some?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:50:10 -0500, someone wrote:

I have heard that there are a new type of drain lines that allow one to
site a drain field in a much smaller space. They are shaped like a
pyamid instead of just a straight line. Does anyone know of these? Is
there a web site I can go to and order some?

You mean a "leach" or "leaching" field? What does you local
permitting authority require? Usually these things are limited by
soil conditions. I don't know that a different type of pipe will
change the rate at which the ground can absorb leachate.

Stuart S. Berr

Yes : Leach field.
I just found some info on the web about a Biodiffuser;
(http://www.ads-pipe.com/us/en/Produc...ed/bd_inst.PDF). Does
anyone have experience with these?