Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer;hot water heater; furnace same room

I have seen variants of the same question, but answered somewhat
differently here; I have spent a lot of time looking before posting my
question here, so please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere...

I have a 10X8 Ft Utility room with 2 (30 Gal) Gas Hot water heaters;1
Electric Hot weater (30 Gal); 2 Gas Furnaces. The room also has a 30X
24 in window. I just bought a dryer and want to move install it into
this room; can this be done safely? The window is left open, and I plan
on replacing the window with some sort exhaust kit. Any suggestions
would be great.

Thanks in Advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair

DCLandLord wrote:

I have seen variants of the same question, but answered somewhat
differently here; I have spent a lot of time looking before posting my
question here, so please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere...

I have a 10X8 Ft Utility room with 2 (30 Gal) Gas Hot water heaters;1
Electric Hot weater (30 Gal); 2 Gas Furnaces. The room also has a 30X
24 in window. I just bought a dryer and want to move install it into
this room; can this be done safely? The window is left open, and I plan
on replacing the window with some sort exhaust kit. Any suggestions
would be great.

Thanks in Advance!

2 gas heaters plus 2 gas furnaces.

Is the (open) window there to provide combustion air
for these appliances? Or is there another route for
air to enter.

You'll want to be sure the dryer lint can't get sucked back
in to clog the burners of the other appliances.

You may have to verify that there is sufficient gas pressure
to support all 5 appliances running at once.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Speedy Jim wrote:
DCLandLord wrote:

[...]

Just to make it clear, the OP needs enough makeup air to supply all
those device with combustion air PLUS all the extra air the dryer is
venting. That is a lot of air. I would want to make sure it is provided by
design not just leakage.

You also should check to see if local codes apply.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

The dryer requires a minimum of 100 square inches for make-up air.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey Everyone!
Thanks for the Responses. I am still doing in research, but you guys
are giving me an excellent starting point.