Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC Industry: Carrier AC and ICS?

I had an HVAC serviceman over last week.

He told me that Carrier AC's now ship just like ICS.
All the same units, just a little stick-on emblem
that sez Heil or Comfortmaker or Carrier or ???

Implication was that ICS had bought Carrier or
somesuch.

Was he pullin' my leg?

Puddin'

PS: I'd post to alt.hvac if I didn't figger it was
still a snake-pit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
news
I had an HVAC serviceman over last week.

He told me that Carrier AC's now ship just like ICS.
All the same units, just a little stick-on emblem
that sez Heil or Comfortmaker or Carrier or ???

Implication was that ICS had bought Carrier or
somesuch.

Do you mean ICP?

United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, bought ICP a couple (or
more) years back.

Was he pullin' my leg?

Puddin'

PS: I'd post to alt.hvac if I didn't figger it was
still a snake-pit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:58:03 -0400, "HeatMan"
wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
news
I had an HVAC serviceman over last week.

He told me that Carrier AC's now ship just like ICS.
All the same units, just a little stick-on emblem
that sez Heil or Comfortmaker or Carrier or ???

Implication was that ICS had bought Carrier or
somesuch.

Do you mean ICP?

Yep. Sorry 'bout that.

United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, bought ICP a couple (or
more) years back.

Would that explain what I describe above?