Posted to alt.home.repair
hello!

Default lawnmower:problem with cutting my grass!!

Hey there all,

I have a slight problem when it comes to mowing my grass, a mechanical
one of course
i crank the lawnmower up and ride over the grass, and engage the
blades. the left side cuts just fine, but the right side doesnt seem to
want to turn at all, i move the riding lawnmower over the where the
grass is not as dense, and the blades start to pick up their speed
again, just as normal. but as soon as i ride over taller grass ( no
taller then 5inches or so) the blades on the right side, begin to slow
once again...
today I put more grease into both sides of the mower's blades, replaced
the blades, and still the same problem, i tightened the bolt in which
holds the blade, still the same problem,
Im lost up to this point, and im ready for ne suggestions plz!

Thanks for hearing me out

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

hello! wrote:
Hey there all,

I have a slight problem when it comes to mowing my grass, a mechanical
one of course
i crank the lawnmower up and ride over the grass, and engage the
blades. the left side cuts just fine, but the right side doesnt seem to
want to turn at all, i move the riding lawnmower over the where the
grass is not as dense, and the blades start to pick up their speed
again, just as normal. but as soon as i ride over taller grass ( no
taller then 5inches or so) the blades on the right side, begin to slow
once again...
today I put more grease into both sides of the mower's blades, replaced
the blades, and still the same problem, i tightened the bolt in which
holds the blade, still the same problem,
Im lost up to this point, and im ready for ne suggestions plz!

Thanks for hearing me out

Belt drive likely - Check for worn or loose belts.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

hello! wrote:
Hey there all,

I have a slight problem when it comes to mowing my grass, a mechanical
one of course
i crank the lawnmower up and ride over the grass, and engage the
blades. the left side cuts just fine, but the right side doesnt seem to
want to turn at all, i move the riding lawnmower over the where the
grass is not as dense, and the blades start to pick up their speed
again, just as normal. but as soon as i ride over taller grass ( no
taller then 5inches or so) the blades on the right side, begin to slow
once again...
today I put more grease into both sides of the mower's blades, replaced
the blades, and still the same problem, i tightened the bolt in which
holds the blade, still the same problem,
Im lost up to this point, and im ready for ne suggestions plz!

Thanks for hearing me out

Do both blades rotate freely by hand?

If so either a worn belt or glazed pully (most likely based on your
description of the problem).

If not the offending shaft mey need to be replaced if greasing didn't
fix it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
trainfan1

hello! wrote:

Hey there all,

I have a slight problem when it comes to mowing my grass, a mechanical
one of course
i crank the lawnmower up and ride over the grass, and engage the
blades. the left side cuts just fine, but the right side doesnt seem to
want to turn at all, i move the riding lawnmower over the where the
grass is not as dense, and the blades start to pick up their speed
again, just as normal. but as soon as i ride over taller grass ( no
taller then 5inches or so) the blades on the right side, begin to slow
once again...
today I put more grease into both sides of the mower's blades, replaced
the blades, and still the same problem, i tightened the bolt in which
holds the blade, still the same problem,
Im lost up to this point, and im ready for ne suggestions plz!

Thanks for hearing me out

Check the belt first. Replace if worn.

The belt tension adjustment is out otherwise. The left blade pulley is
"pulled" tight on the belt by the engine pulley, and the right blade
pulley has the belt "fed" to it by the engine pulley, with the result
that a loose belt will slack at the right pulley first, giving the
symptoms you describe. The left pulley is slipping too, just at not as
noticeable a rate.

Setting the tension properly should fix this.

You may be working against yourself too, with the applcation of grease.
The shaft bearings are sealed rollers, they should not be "greased" -
you may have grease on the belt & pulleys now.

Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair
trainfan1

Steve Barker LT wrote:

He said he greased the blades, not the spindle shafts.

He said he put "more grease INTO both sides of the mower's blades".

I can't see how either would help, even if putting grease into blades
was possible. He had to mean into the blade shafts/spindles/bearings.

Rob