Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg Esres

Default Air Compressor Questions

I just bought a Makita MAC700 as a first air compressor. I don't know
yet about the unit, but the instructions are very, very poor. No
picture of the unit anywhere or descriptions of the various parts.

There is apparently a plug that comes in the unit that closes off the
air intake, and a separate air filter that must be attached. The
instructions say nothing about this. I ran the unit for 20 minutes to
fill up the 2.6 gallon tank. Later, when looking at the box picture,
I realized where the air filter attached and discovered the plug.

1) Could I have possibly damaged anything by running the unit with
almost no air intake for 30 minutes?

2) I anticipated leaving the unit with air in the tank all the time,
but the instuctions hint that the air should be drained after every
use. What's common practice here?

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Greg Esres" wrote in message

1) Could I have possibly damaged anything by running the unit with
almost no air intake for 30 minutes?

No, it would take many hours.

2) I anticipated leaving the unit with air in the tank all the time,
but the instuctions hint that the air should be drained after every
use. What's common practice here?

You can leave it in. If you have no leaks, it will hold pressure forever.
Most system have at least tiny leaks and the compressor will cycle if left
on. Depending on your use, water will accumulate in the tank at times and
it should be drained occasionally. I drain mine abut once a year, but some
with heavy use need draining a coupleof times a day. .

Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg Esres

No, it would take many hours...I drain mine abut once a year, but
some

Thank you, Edwin.