Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window Air Conditioner

A neighbor installed a window A/C

It's tilting quite a bit out the window.

I suggested he level it for better operation.

He claims it shouldnt make any difference.

????

rj
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"RJ" wrote in message

A neighbor installed a window A/C

It's tilting quite a bit out the window.

I suggested he level it for better operation.

He claims it shouldnt make any difference.

????

Yes, it will make a difference. The AC has a drain pan that catches the
condensate. The water is picked up by the slinger ring condenser fan and is
slung onto the coil giving it a bit more cooling. No drips, better cooling.
Make it level.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Abe" wrote in message
Ed, according to the Friedrich manual that came with my in-wall AC,
they are very specific that the unit should be mounted with a
half-bubble lean toward the outside to prevent overfilling of the pan,
and still have slinging action. They specifically say that mounting it
level can result in water leaking back into the house.

I don't think a half bubble will make a difference on any brand, but that is
hardly visible.

Adjustiing/mod'ing digital thermostat on LG window air conditioner Dan Home Repair 33 November 3rd 18 11:37 PM
Need Help Install Window Air Conditioner in Storm Window Frame Mike Home Repair 4 June 20th 06 01:10 AM
Milgard window and window air conditioner Harry Avant Home Repair 1 May 14th 06 06:56 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Horizontal mount window air conditioner Jack Symon Home Ownership 0 July 16th 03 03:05 AM