DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Run chain saw without oiler? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/166043-run-chain-saw-without-oiler.html)

George June 18th 06 04:57 PM

Run chain saw without oiler?

I have a 15-yr old Homelite chainsaw, which runs - except that the
automatic chain oiler doesn't work. Can I just run this as-is, and
squirt oil on the chain every X minutes?

Thanks,
George

Edwin Pawlowski June 18th 06 05:00 PM

Run chain saw without oiler?

"George" wrote in message
I have a 15-yr old Homelite chainsaw, which runs - except that the
automatic chain oiler doesn't work. Can I just run this as-is, and
squirt oil on the chain every X minutes?

Sure, as long as you don't forget to oil it. Once you do, wear will come
faster. The trick is to get the oil on the bar, not the chain.