Posted to alt.home.repair
RB

Default septic system question

We're fixing to go from septic system to lift station. I'm trying to get a
feel for what size (in hp) pumps we'll need for our holding tank.

The task for the pumps will be to pump upward vertically approx 8'. From
there, the discharge will dump into the gravity flow sewer line.

What kind of discharge pipe pressure might I expect to see at the top of the
lift when the pumps are running?

Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater

I don't think it going to be much, bigger worry would be lifting solids.
Most systems like that will use a small holding tank before going to the
holding tank with a float to operate the pumps but those pumps need to be of
the type with a grinding type empeller to break up the solids and a check
valve at the bottom of the lift tank to prevent the pump from doing a lot of
cycling
"RB" wrote in message
.. .
We're fixing to go from septic system to lift station. I'm trying to get
a feel for what size (in hp) pumps we'll need for our holding tank.

The task for the pumps will be to pump upward vertically approx 8'. From
there, the discharge will dump into the gravity flow sewer line.

What kind of discharge pipe pressure might I expect to see at the top of
the lift when the pumps are running?

prog. therm. and heat pump questions Abby Normal Home Repair 119 December 22nd 05 12:38 PM
Septic System Help Joe Home Repair 8 October 19th 05 03:23 PM
septic system gg Home Repair 1 June 20th 05 11:04 PM
Ring of hard scale on toilet - have septic system. How to clean? dean Home Repair 9 May 22nd 05 03:22 PM
To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM