Posted to alt.home.repair
T. T.

Default Kohler K-3423 Toilet trouble-shooting and repair

hi all,

We bought a Kohler toilet (I think the model was K-3423 Wellworth)
about 2 years ago, everything works fine until recently. The "washer"
(or the floating thingy) seems to need some lubricate and because it
won't fully float up to the point that it suppose to be, so the water
will just keep on flushing the bowl... is there any easy way to fix
this, or do I really have to replace the parts of the "washer" or
something like that?? thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Photon713

I had a similar problem recently. There is really nothing you
can use to lubricate the float. The water will wash off anything
you try. Go to your local hardware store and get a universal
float unit. They are relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to
install. It shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to remove
and replace the unit.

Bob

--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
"T. T." wrote in message
oups.com...
hi all,

We bought a Kohler toilet (I think the model was K-3423 Wellworth)
about 2 years ago, everything works fine until recently. The "washer"
(or the floating thingy) seems to need some lubricate and because it
won't fully float up to the point that it suppose to be, so the water
will just keep on flushing the bowl... is there any easy way to fix
this, or do I really have to replace the parts of the "washer" or
something like that?? thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
T. T.

Abe wrote:
see:
www.fluidmaster.com

Yep, this is a $6 fix.

Where could I buy it online? Is it available in local stores? thanks!