Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sand in my basement???

Walter R. wrote:
I recently found small piles of sand under my carpet in the dining room.
Lot's of ant activity. Apparently they bring in one grain of sand at a time.
Just vacuumed it up.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message
I'm at a loss. I'm building a room in our basement and tonight
I found a pile of sand around one stud spilling onto the floor ???
Now this was not there 2 weeks ago when I was pulling some electric.
My neighbor who was helping me frame a door tonight said he finds this
around his walls at certain spots sometimes but never that much so quick.
We have been here 7yrs now and I never saw this before. The basement
was finished when bought the house but I gutted it due to termites.
The funny part is it seems to be coming up through the floor, its dry and
very fine.

I searched but I'm coming up with nothing. Does anybody know what is going
on here?

vacuumn and ant spray area....

keep close watch for future activity, have home checked for termites

No termites I have been keeping a eye out for them.
Walter, can you actually see the ants? I looked through the pile but saw no bugs at all