Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Older Freezer - Works Well

Older model Borg-Warner freezer perhaps 20-30 yrs. old.
Looks to be about 12-14 cubic feet in size and is a horizontal
chest type. Dimensions are 60"L x 28"W x 36"H
Works well and keeps everything well frozen. Could use a
new gasket around the door. Located in Sheraden beside
McKee's Rocks, PA

Great as an extra freezer at home or one for camp!

Asking $50 obo ------------------- Make an offer!

YOU HAUL - YOU HAUL - YOU HAUL - YOU HAUL

Email:

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...

Older model Borg-Warner freezer perhaps 20-30 yrs. old.
Looks to be about 12-14 cubic feet in size and is a horizontal
chest type. Dimensions are 60"L x 28"W x 36"H

Asking $50 obo ------------------- Make an offer!

Keep in mind the operating cost is going to be about $15 to $20 a month MORE
than a modern freezer. Not a good buy even for free.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Danny Clemson" wrote in message
.. .
Edwin Pawlowski:

Keep in mind the operating cost is going to be about $15 to $20 a
month MORE than a modern freezer.

Can you back that up?

Sure. Look at the ratings of the old and the newer units. Couple that with
added insulation and you have a large drop in electric use.

I replaced an old 10 cu ft. refrigerator that we had in the basement with a
new 18 cu. ft. frost free and saved $10 a month. This is common knowledge.
Just ask any appliance tech, check with EPS energy star materials, or your
electric utility. . Old refrigerators and freezers were energy hogs
compared to the modern units in the past 5 years or so.

Don't take my word, do your own research and you will find I'm correct.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Danny Clemson" wrote in message
.. .
Edwin Pawlowski:

"Danny Clemson" wrote in message
Can you back that up?

This is common knowledge.

I think your $15-20/month is way high.

Think whatever you want. I prefer facts. Just look at the energy
consumption and your cost of electricity and do some simple math. How much
research did you do? Do something very simple. Look at the amp rating on
the nameplate. Look up a modern unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

15-20 a month is conservative, mine tested at 26$ a month with a Kill-A
Watt on a 4 day test. Those units were not made for efficiency just
reliability. They were made when electricity cost was of little concern,
like everything of that era..