Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry

Default Rising Damp or moisture? not sure...

Hi all,

we live on the ground floor of a two storey apartment block.

The apartment is brick and render on the outside.

Recently, in one corner of the floor I have discovered some dark dusty
particles appearing along the skirting board.

When I wipe with my finger, it seems to disappear, like dust. Because this
wall (that corner of the room) faces the outside world, could it be damp -
is this dust consistent with that?

If so, what do we need to do to get rid of it or are we destined to it
forever?

(It has rained a bit recently, could that be it? Just moisture? Open some
windows?)

Or is it something else? Replies are apprecaited.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:32:21 GMT, "Jerry" wrote:

Hi all,

we live on the ground floor of a two storey apartment block.

The apartment is brick and render on the outside.

Recently, in one corner of the floor I have discovered some dark dusty
particles appearing along the skirting board.

When I wipe with my finger, it seems to disappear, like dust. Because this
wall (that corner of the room) faces the outside world, could it be damp -
is this dust consistent with that?

If so, what do we need to do to get rid of it or are we destined to it
forever?

(It has rained a bit recently, could that be it? Just moisture? Open some
windows?)

Or is it something else? Replies are apprecaited.

Probably mildew spores.

Rising damp D.M. Procida UK diy 2 December 4th 05 08:39 PM
Damp not highlighted in surveyors report Andrew King UK diy 23 August 17th 04 10:27 PM
DIY rising damp proofing - quick question Ali Mac UK diy 12 March 20th 04 02:07 PM
More damp testing woes Kooky45 UK diy 22 October 21st 03 11:33 AM
Rising damp on party wall in semi-det Victorian house Richard UK diy 4 October 6th 03 02:09 PM