Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams

Default This is the most useful

I moderate misc.taxes.moderated, a professional tax forum open
to the general public. Plus I read all the traffic on six other
unrelated newsgroups and all the additions and changes to four
unrelated websites.

IM(rarely)HO, alt home.repair is the most useful day-to-day
newsgroup available. I am exuberient that I stumbled in here.
My only regrets are (1) the volume is so high that I can't read
every and (2) for the first time I have created an NG "kill file"
due to racist trash.

My Mother's Day project was replacing the piping under the kitchen
sink. After reading alt home.repair for less than a week, I knew
that the kit from Home Depot was a replacement kit and I needed
two additional nut/washer sets because it was a first time PVC
install. Saved me a trip.

My HD in Ellicott City, Maryland is staffed with very knowledgeable
people who are exceptionally helpful.

Thank all of you for contributing here.

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 15 May 2006 01:24:46 -0000, (Dick Adams)
wrote:

I moderate misc.taxes.moderated, a professional tax forum open
to the general public. Plus I read all the traffic on six other
unrelated newsgroups and all the additions and changes to four
unrelated websites.

IM(rarely)HO, alt home.repair is the most useful day-to-day
newsgroup available. I am exuberient that I stumbled in here.
My only regrets are (1) the volume is so high that I can't read
every and (2) for the first time I have created an NG "kill file"
due to racist trash.

The racist trash was a project one of the readers here had that didn't
go too well. He had a over-cooling refrigerator and while asking how
to fix it here, he found that someone not too far away had a clogged
septic tank. They got together, figuring they could help each other
out, and somehow a cold-blooded piece of sewage escaped and a few
years later started posting here. The original two posters haven't
been heard from.

My Mother's Day project was replacing the piping under the kitchen
sink. After reading alt home.repair for less than a week, I knew
that the kit from Home Depot was a replacement kit and I needed
two additional nut/washer sets because it was a first time PVC
install. Saved me a trip.

My HD in Ellicott City, Maryland is staffed with very knowledgeable
people who are exceptionally helpful.

I've been to that store. Probably didn't need help that day so I
didn't notice. But I'll go back. Do you mean Rte. 40 west of Rte.
29?

Thank all of you for contributing here.

Dick

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Dick Adams wrote:
[...]

Thanks - I try and post helpful responses because I often look for
advice here as well. give and take. So - browse here and offer some
advice based on your past experiences from time to time. We get, IMO,
too many how do I do this or that. The OP gets a great response from
someone or many people then never comments back. I'm not sure if they
ever read the responses sometimes. (Are they just expecting them in
their e-mail?)

Anyway - Thanks for the encouragement.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

IM(rarely)HO, alt home.repair is the most useful day-to-day
newsgroup available. I am exuberient that I stumbled in here.
My only regrets are (1) the volume is so high that I can't read
every and (2) for the first time I have created an NG "kill file"
due to racist trash.

It is a very useful newgroup, but I have found MTM pretty good also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

"Toller" wrote in message

snip
..

It is a very useful newgroup, but I have found MTM pretty good also.

Sorry to be thick, Toller, but what is MTM. I'm assuming a newsgroup.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

"C & E" wrote in message ...

"Toller" wrote in message

snip
.

It is a very useful newgroup, but I have found MTM pretty good also.

Sorry to be thick, Toller, but what is MTM. I'm assuming a newsgroup.

Mentioned by O.P. - misc.taxes.moderated

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

FWIW When I first started, and a question got a lot of replies, I'd
reply to each one, which became time-consuming and often seemed a bit
silly, what with me trying to say something to everybody. I could
understand where somebody could just give up.

These days, FBOW, I reply to my original post with appropriate thanks
and comments to those who replied.

If there are better suggestions, well, I'm open to 'em.

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Sorry to be thick, Toller, but what is MTM. I'm assuming a newsgroup.

Mentioned by O.P. - misc.taxes.moderated

Bob

Like I said, Bob, sorry for being thick. Thanks!