Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plate question for closet built on concrete slabs

I am building a closet in my family room which has a concrete slab
floor (on ground level) covered with linoleum tiles (think 1960). Do I
need to use pressure treated 2x4 for the bottom plates? Thanks for any
ideas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

no

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the replies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it was built in 1960, none of the other bottom plates are PT. I'd
use regular 2x4's

Painting concrete crawlspace floor without etching first? Harry Muscle Home Ownership 16 March 20th 06 02:52 PM
BBQ Plate Question? BIGEYE UK diy 3 February 14th 05 10:46 PM
Fixing a wall plate on a dense concrete block wall Jas Virdee UK diy 5 July 28th 04 09:00 AM
Getting rid of concrete slabs Stephen Gower UK diy 2 January 22nd 04 07:54 PM
Concrete anchoring question - your opinion? Robert Home Repair 7 July 2nd 03 03:22 AM