Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Boothbay

Default DIY controversy

I've been watching these shows..such as Selling your home and etc, both
with DIY and Home and garden. I tried to get info on how they choose
there 'clients' or do the clients ask them for their services. Last
show on DIY showed this segment of a couple updating their cottage to
sell. All for the price of $2000. ..which is amazing to me, for the
work that was done. They do not include the salaries the experts that
they send over to do the estimating and work. I know the owners pay the
$2000, but what about the cost of those workers? Is that gratis on the
part of DIY and HG? A new front door in this case was quoted at the
price of $184...in my area, the installation would cost almost double
that. I also noticed that these homes are in rural areas. I would love
for them to come to my house and fix it up for $2000. What are those
chances?