Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frozen Ants in Freezer

We recently purchased a new fridge so we put the old side by side one
out in the garage as a beer fridge. Lately, it hasn't seemed to be
keeping things very cold, depsite having performed perfectly well
before. Today I opened up the freezer side and was disgusted to find a
huge pile of frozen ants in there. First off, how and why did they
crawl into the freezer??? And secondly, could this be why the fridge
is performing so poorly? Where would I look to see if perhaps they've
clogged some aspect of the fridge's cooling system?

-Fleemo

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy

Today I opened up the freezer side and was disgusted to find a
huge pile of frozen ants in there. First off, how and why did they
crawl into the freezer???

The freezer door seal wasn't closed tightly.

And secondly, could this be why the fridge is performing so poorly?

Thats why

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for your reply, Rudy. I cleaned up the ants and made sure the
doors were sealed tightly. A few days later and the fridge is still
not very cold.

I'll search through the forum here and see if I can find an answer, and
if not, post a new question.

Best regards.

-F