Posted to alt.home.repair
Archie

Default 12.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine on Sanapper Riding Mower

I have cleaned the Carb. Motor runs, however skips a little. After
running under load for about 15 min. It shuts off. I can take it out
of gear and it will pick up again. This happens under load and
frequently. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

An engine that fades after 15 minutes might be suffering from several
things.

Valve clearance problems
Cheap motor oil
Weak ignition coil
Dirty cooling fins (overheating)
Clogged screen in center of the flywheel (overheating)

Those are the couple

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Archie" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have cleaned the Carb. Motor runs, however skips a little. After
running under load for about 15 min. It shuts off. I can take it out
of gear and it will pick up again. This happens under load and
frequently. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Just after it quits pull the plug wire, short it to the block with an
extra plug or test spark with a screwdriver to see if you get spark, If
no spark its the ignition module or coil. Ive had 2 motors loose their
ignition module recently.