Posted to alt.home.repair
duzes

Default well pump constantly runs?

I have a one hp projet pump running the water on my house and a
challenger series bladder tank. As soon as I turn on any water the pump
turns on and runs until I turn off the water. Both the pump and bladder
tank are only a few years old. Can anyone tell me any ideas why the
pump turns on and runs like this? I did check the bladder tank and the
psi is 28. This two psi's below the 30 it is rated for, which every
where i have read is where it should be.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

The bladder in the tank is shot, or it has lost air some other
way. The pressure you read is simply the water pressure now.
I'm about 99% sure you need to either repressurize the tank or
get a new one. Someone will likely be along shortly to tell you
how to tell which one it is; I'm not sure so I'll avoid the
possibility of misinforming you g.

Pop

"Never forget that everything Hitler did
in Germany was legal." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"duzes" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a one hp projet pump running the water on my house and a
challenger series bladder tank. As soon as I turn on any water
the pump
turns on and runs until I turn off the water. Both the pump and
bladder
tank are only a few years old. Can anyone tell me any ideas why
the
pump turns on and runs like this? I did check the bladder tank
and the
psi is 28. This two psi's below the 30 it is rated for, which
every
where i have read is where it should be.

Furnace fuel oil pump return line, install or not? [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 29th 05 02:36 AM
Submersible Pump Overloading in Cold Weather Mark & Mary Ann Weiss Electronics Repair 16 January 26th 05 06:28 PM
CH pump runs 24/7 Jim UK diy 0 December 9th 04 09:42 PM
Priming the Water Pump frank Home Repair 21 May 2nd 04 03:12 AM
Low Water Pressure - pump stops at 20 psi - need advice Please Davis Leeman Home Repair 2 March 14th 04 02:57 PM