Posted to alt.home.repair
patrick mitchel

Default pressure washing stucco for paint question

Have a pressure washer (13 hp honda -3500psi?) Using a 15 deg tip about a
foot away from the painted stucco (looks like one coat) and the paint comes
off slowly from that distance. Not really trying to remove the paint simply
get some off the loose stuff off and clean the surface for 2 coats of
benjamin moore moorlife (acrylic) exterior flat finish.
After doing one side of the 2 story house (rough finish stucco), I tried a
wirebrush on the surface where the paint was still attached and a lot more
of the paint came off. Should I continue with the wire brushing? The surface
of the stucco still looks pretty good in that I don't feel that the wire is
abrading the stucco. Or am I being overly aggressive in the base prep? My
reasoning is that if the brush can lift it, it doesn't seem to be a good
base for painting. BTW, the washer can get pretty scary at the top of the
ladder up on the 2nd story! Thanks for advice Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair
mrwyte

A little too aggresive ...Just remove effervesence(CHALKING) and loose
paint..prime bare spots and repaint.. very good choice of Paint...good
job...and be careful!.
Mrwyte