Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default Installing hurricane shutters

I am pricing accordinan shutters for my home, and the problem is that all of
the installers are back logged for months. So here I am ready to go with
one, but the deal is a 40% deposit when I sign the contract but the
installation won't be happening for at least 16 weeks, which will take us
into late August or September. We have heard stories about people not
getting their deposit back after waiting months the number may be
disconnected or they may be more back logged and keep pushing the dates.

Problem is there is no one that is NOT back logged, and the problem is I
started calling around Feburary and now is when they have time to come and
make an estimate. Any advise how to deal with this situation? No way out
of paying a large deposit months in advance?

Regards,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I am pricing accordinan shutters for my home, and the problem is that all

of
the installers are back logged for months. So here I am ready to go with
one, but the deal is a 40% deposit when I sign the contract but the
installation won't be happening for at least 16 weeks, which will take us
into late August or September. We have heard stories about people not
getting their deposit back after waiting months the number may be
disconnected or they may be more back logged and keep pushing the dates.

Problem is there is no one that is NOT back logged, and the problem is I
started calling around Feburary and now is when they have time to come and
make an estimate. Any advise how to deal with this situation? No way out
of paying a large deposit months in advance?

Book for next year, and stock up on plywood and 2x4s to do it yourself this
year. After what 05 was like, those installers are making their money while
they can.

aem sends....