Posted to alt.home.repair
Pamela G.

Default Do They Still Make Small Stove/Oven Exhaust Fans

Hi, my house is 50 years old. Above the oven on the ceiling is an
exhaust fan. It is round, about the size of a medium pizza. and it's
broken.

Does anyone know if they still make those type of stove exhaust fans
anymore? I went to Lowes and Home Depot and couldn't find one. No one
there seemed to know if they are still being made. All they had were the
newer wide big built-in type of exhausts that I don't need. I was
thinking why couldn't I install one of those bathroom ceiling exhausts?
Wouldn't that basically do the same thing?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence

Pamela G. wrote:
Does anyone know if they still make those type of stove exhaust fans
anymore? I went to Lowes and Home Depot and couldn't find one. No one
there seemed to know if they are still being made. All they had were the
newer wide big built-in type of exhausts that I don't need. I was
thinking why couldn't I install one of those bathroom ceiling exhausts?
Wouldn't that basically do the same thing?

I'm sure you can find a fan that will work for you if you check out
this link:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...ling+Fans% 2C

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Pamela G. wrote:
Hi, my house is 50 years old. Above the oven on the ceiling is an
exhaust fan. It is round, about the size of a medium pizza. and it's
broken.

Does anyone know if they still make those type of stove exhaust fans
anymore? I went to Lowes and Home Depot and couldn't find one. No one
there seemed to know if they are still being made. All they had were the
newer wide big built-in type of exhausts that I don't need. I was
thinking why couldn't I install one of those bathroom ceiling exhausts?
Wouldn't that basically do the same thing?

Sure they do, all kinds of sizes and shapes used
by businesses! If you want a more complete range
of sizes and shapes go to an electrical supply place.

A bathroom exhaust type would be ok but you might
want to get one that is all metal, no plastic.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pamela G.

Lawrence wrote:

I'm sure you can find a fan that will work for
you if you check out this link:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/prod
ctIndex.shtml?originalValue=fans&L2=Kitch
n&operator=prodIndexRefinementSearch&L
=Ceiling+Fans%2C

Great! Thanks for the link!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pamela G.

Oren wrote:

You might find just the motor at a local
hardware store and replace it.

Oh gosh no! It is the most gawd-awful looking exhaust fan that was ever
invented! I'm so glad to get to see it go! :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pamela G.

George wrote:

Sure they do, all kinds of sizes and shapes
used by businesses! If you want a more
complete range of sizes and shapes go to an
electrical supply place.

A bathroom exhaust type would be ok but
you might want to get one that is all metal, no
plastic.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Pamela G." wrote in message

George wrote:

Sure they do, all kinds of sizes and shapes
used by businesses! If you want a more
complete range of sizes and shapes go to an
electrical supply place.

A bathroom exhaust type would be ok but
you might want to get one that is all metal, no
plastic.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Here's what you're looking for:
http://www.nutone.com/product-catego...egoryID=200160

MOREMONEY [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 8th 05 07:08 PM
MOREMONEY [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 8th 05 04:13 AM
more money David Woodworking 1 December 7th 05 09:36 PM
more money David Home Repair 0 December 7th 05 07:38 PM