Posted to alt.home.repair
J.Lef

Default resetting digital air conditioner

I have a friedrich ss16j air conditioner. 230 volt. It uses
a digitial display and digital controls.
A few months ago, the digital display kind of froze up. The remote
wouldnt function on it, and you couldnt see the temp or air speed, etc.
I remember being told I could hit a couple of the buttons at the same
time and this resets the entire display anew.
I cannot find for some reason my notes on which buttons to hit, and the
procedure, if need to be unplugged or plugged etc.
Can someone, please fill me in, on which buttons to reset the display.
PLuggin and unplugging do not reset it.

Much regards Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair
10mississippi

For my friedrich model it is the filter button and the money saver
button for 10 seconds.