Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
TomD

Default Cooling a finished attic

I recently finished my attic this Fall/Winter and enjoyed wonderful
room temperatures since, however, as the temp starts to rise this
spring, the attic is unbelievably hot. 70Degrees outside usually means
85 degrees in the attic. I am scared to think what 90degrees outside
will mean for the attic. I have researched portable air conditioners
and have determined that they will be inadequate for the attic (about
450sq ft.). The windows are too narrow for standard window units. Has
anyone used attic fans to cool a finished attic? Also, does anyone
have any other suggestions for this problem.

Thanks,

Tom