Posted to alt.home.repair
Chippersmom

Default AlpineCDE7825

My Alpine CDE7825 car radio quit working after some jerk jump-started my
1986 mercedes. It has power up to the radio, but nothing works. Do you
think it can be repaired?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

This is not the place to post questions about car radios. This is a home
repair newsgroup. Post your question to rec.audio.car or
sci.electronics.repair

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

Try these links

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.car

or

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.repair

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

My Alpine CDE7825 car radio quit working after some jerk jump-started my
1986 mercedes. It has power up to the radio, but nothing works. Do you
think it can be repaired?

Yeah, what a jerk! Jump starting your car for you, I can't believe the
NERVE of some people! Any normal person would have let you sit there
instead.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Did you check ALL the fuses including the one to the amplifier (if you have
one) and the batt and ACC connections to the radio (the fuses may be inline
with the wiring harness requiring removal of the radio to inspect).

If it powers up, something is working. Do you have no sound or no display
on the radio (can't tune stations, can't see clock)

"Chippersmom" wrote in message
news:fae3f7bec85ddfeaddaa7814af86ce2f@homerepairli ve.com...
My Alpine CDE7825 car radio quit working after some jerk jump-started my
1986 mercedes. It has power up to the radio, but nothing works. Do you
think it can be repaired?

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Did the "Jerk" get your 20 yr old junk running. Try a Hammer alpines
need a wack once in a while.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Chippersmom

It was jump started at a place where we stored the car for the winter. You
are not supposed to jump Mercedes - puts a power surge through the car.
Checked all fuses. Nothing lights up, no clock and the power antenna does
not go up.