DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Opinion about Naval Jelly for rust removal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/154279-opinion-about-naval-jelly-rust-removal.html)

BE April 20th 06 06:44 PM

Opinion about Naval Jelly for rust removal

I recently purchased a small bottle of Naval Jelly and applied it to some
lightly rusted sink legs. It did nothing. I remember using it about 20 years
ago on the hood of my white 1972 Buick Skylark and it worked wonderfully.
Have the manufacturers weakened this product?

Thanks,
Be

[email protected] April 20th 06 09:27 PM

Opinion about Naval Jelly for rust removal

I also think it is of dubious value. I had to switch to using wire
brushes.

les April 20th 06 10:04 PM

Opinion about Naval Jelly for rust removal

Being just a gel of phosphoric acid, it might be in any concentration they
make it. Can't answer your specific question.
However, I found it useful in removing calcium deposits on sinks or other
mineral deposits. But the trick is to give it time.

I only wish they made it in a clear base..........