Posted to alt.home.repair
BE

Default Opinion about Naval Jelly for rust removal

I recently purchased a small bottle of Naval Jelly and applied it to some
lightly rusted sink legs. It did nothing. I remember using it about 20 years
ago on the hood of my white 1972 Buick Skylark and it worked wonderfully.
Have the manufacturers weakened this product?

Thanks,
Be

Posted to alt.home.repair

I also think it is of dubious value. I had to switch to using wire
brushes.

Posted to alt.home.repair
les

Being just a gel of phosphoric acid, it might be in any concentration they
make it. Can't answer your specific question.
However, I found it useful in removing calcium deposits on sinks or other
mineral deposits. But the trick is to give it time.

I only wish they made it in a clear base..........