DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153592-single-handle-two-handle-tub-faucet-conversion.html)

null April 16th 06 02:25 PM

Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion

Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the single
handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two handles,
only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Joseph Meehan April 16th 06 04:04 PM

null wrote:
Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the
single handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two
handles, only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a two
handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly available
solution.

Why do you want to switch?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

null April 18th 06 01:07 PM

Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
null wrote:
Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the
single handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two
handles, only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a two
handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly available
solution.

Why do you want to switch?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I figure adjusting the hot would be more precise.

Joseph Meehan April 18th 06 02:59 PM

null wrote:
Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...

My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the
single handle design.

I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two
handles, only two to one.

Any tips or solutions on this?

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a
two handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly
available solution.

Why do you want to switch?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I figure adjusting the hot would be more precise.

Just get a good single handle and don't have the hot set too high at the
water heater. I find it a lot easier to set the temperature with a good
single handle control that a double. However some of the cheap ones ( I
travel a lot) are difficult to control.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

[email protected] April 18th 06 03:34 PM

Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion

They have single handle ones with temp adjust digital readouts:)

Just set the temperature you want and enjoy! It remains preset forever
or untill somone changes it.

This is precise control:)