Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need an advice 'Basement problem'

I did new basement in my new 3 floors building, walls are white bricks,

i take my provisions to stop any water penetration from out side using
painting with anti-water paint then i coverd it with naylon sheets. I
furnitured the whole basement, coverd the tiles with carpets, and put
beds and salon and many things, i LIVED IN IT FOR 1 MONTH.

Any how, due to some cercumestances, i didn't complete the floor
surounding the building i kept it not covered by cement or tiles during

all last winter (not paved). So water penetrated inside, i did dried
and ventilated the basement
but atmosphere inside still humide. I paved all the building
surounding with cement to stop any water existance in those places
around the building.

Whats the main problem i faced, there is strange creatures like fiber
with green color whicg we oftenly see in still water places growing in
many places. I dried and cleaned as much as i could, but maybe due to
the humide walls (not dry enough) i still seeing growing of the green
fibers, it currupted many things there like picture frams, cloths etc.

Now i dont know how c'd i solve this problem and stop this creature,
ist there any liquides or sprays which can help.

Waiting for scintific solution for my problem
Thanks all

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

wrote:
[...]

This one is not rocket science.

" my provisions to stop any water penetration from out side using painting
with anti-water paint" That is your problem. You can't fix a water problem
from the inside. You have to fix it from the outside. No matter what the
manufacturer of that paint says, it is only good at changing the color of
the block, not stopping moisture. You need to prevent the water from coming
in first. Then work on the interior to address the current mold issues.

Thanks all

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Fixing water comming in from the outside is best but not something you
can do today. Today you should get a dehumidifier and keep humidity
below 50%, even with leaks fixed many basements need dehumidifiers
anyway. Use laundry bleach to kill the mold, or what you see growing,
you can spray it or mop it on, for a large basement wall a garden
sprayer is handy and easy to do. You dont need to dilute it since
Laundry bleach is apx 97% water anyway but diluting 50% will make it go
farther. After the mold is dead wash with soap and water. Until you get
and keep humidity low mold will continue to grow.