Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

Default Hard Start Kit GE Refrigerator

This is a follow up from the following thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...6b0b481767d25b

Anyway, I got the Supco RC 0410 ($24) and I have some questions...

The 3-in-1 has three wires (white, black and red) that connect to the
compressor. No problem there. The question I have is how to hook up
the 2 black "power wires".

Here is my problem:

From the plug, there is a green ground, then a big square part. From

the plug side of the square comes a black wire that goes to the cap.
(A white wire goes from the cap to what I think is the realy (see
below)). From the fridge side of the square there is 5 wires. A
brown, black and orange that go foward past the coils toward the front
of the fridge. There is also a orange wire that goes to the guardette
and a black wire that goes to what I think is the relay. (What I think
is the relay has a copper coil on it and a red sticker and has 3 clips
that attach to the compressor). (After the guardette there is an
orange wire that goes to the fan and then a grey wire that comes off
the fan.)

How do I hook up the 2 wires from the SUPCO 3-in-1 to the power cord?

Also, the orange wire between the square part and the guardette is
dried out and cracked. Also, the black wire between the square part
and what I think is the relay is also cracked.

I appreciate any help you all can supply.

Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

Anyone have any thoughts at all?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

I can't visualize your setup. But typically, there are two wires that
go to a compressor. Power, and neutral. Plus a ground. Sometimes the
fan under the fridge wires to the compressor, also. Most likely you
have a power and neutral wire, and then two wires to the fan.

Power wire goes to one of the fan wires, and one of the supco black
wires.
Neutral wire goes to one of the fan wires, and one of the supco black
wires.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dennis" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is a follow up from the following thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...6b0b481767d25b

Anyway, I got the Supco RC 0410 ($24) and I have some questions...

The 3-in-1 has three wires (white, black and red) that connect to the
compressor. No problem there. The question I have is how to hook up
the 2 black "power wires".

Here is my problem:

From the plug, there is a green ground, then a big square part. From

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

I will post a diagram of it next week.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

OK:
Here is the link to the diagram I drew:
http://www.filefactory.com/?4259cb

So, I need to know how to hook up the hard start and also how to
replace the broken wires. (Do I need to replace the square part on the
cord that all the wires splice out of?

-Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

I got a link to file factory, but could not figure out how to download
the diagram.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dennis" wrote in message
ps.com...
OK:
Here is the link to the diagram I drew:
http://www.filefactory.com/?4259cb

So, I need to know how to hook up the hard start and also how to
replace the broken wires. (Do I need to replace the square part on
the
cord that all the wires splice out of?

-Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

E-mail me at denniss11422 This is a yahoo-dot-com address. I will
email you the bmp drawing I did. For some reason the link is not
working for me today either. It worked when I posted it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

Actually I did get the link to work again.
After it finishes the estimated wait time countdown, click "Don't want
a premium download..."
Then it says "Here are your downloading options" Click on one of them
Close any pop-ups, then click where it says "If your download does not
start automatically click HERE"

Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis

I am guessing I have to hook the SUPCO up to the black wire that goes
to the cap and to the black wire that goes to the relay, and then
replace the broken wires. Not sure how to do that though, since they
come out of the square part on the power cord. Those broken wires are
BRITTLE!