Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the S72-R77 aptitude test? Seeking tips for IBEW's interview fro apprenticeship program.

What is the S72-R77 aptitude test? IBEW/JATC says I must take it as
part of the application process for the electrician apprenticeship they
offer.

What kind of questions do they ask on the test? What is the best way to
prepare for it?

There is practically no information about it on the internet.

If it requires mathematics besides everyday adding, subtracting,
multiplying and division, I am in trouble, as I have not used this
stuff since about 1997 as a junior in college. Heck, Iv'e forgotten a
lot of stuff about decimals and fractions.

Also, for anyone who has gone through their application process, what
kind of questions can I expect during their interview? Or do they look
at your application, look at your past jobs, and go from there?

If they asked why I want to do this program, the real reason is that I
went to college, made the mistake of majoring in a liberal arts degree,
realized that they have no market value, gave up on college (wonder why
we even go) and decided that the best option for me is to learn a
trade. I do not know if this would be appropriate for me to bring this
up in the interview (probably not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

The apptitude test you are asking about is 33 algebra questions and 36
reading comprehension. It is a timed test 46 and 51 minutes respectively.
Multiple choice. I have seen some that have been out of school longer
than you pass it, but have seen alot right out of school that couldn't.
Go to Algebrahelp.com to brushup on your algebra. The reading
comprehension you just need to be able to read a passage and be able to
answer some questions.

The interview is like most. Except you don't have to have any experience
to be accepted. As for you have dropped out of college, I to made the
same mistake; you would be supprised how many people listen to guidance
counselors and go to college when it is not right for them. We are
working hard to change guidance counselors way of thinking.

Resetting controller on Ariston dishwasher bob Home Ownership 2 December 5th 06 09:56 AM
INSTANT CASH FLOW PROGRAM THAT REALLY WORKS!! Cashflowstoday Home Ownership 0 January 7th 04 09:44 PM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM
Possible Condensation Solution? - Test Data Tom Watson Woodworking 4 November 7th 03 08:51 PM