Posted to alt.home.repair
David Farber

Default Maytag washer has stuck comforter.

This approximately 20 year old Maytag washing machine, model # 5228-1
Q621973, has a comforter stuck between the agitator and the tub. I haven't
been able to have a look at it yet but I was wondering if this is as easy as
just removing the agitator and the comforter will be set free. If this is
the case, is it easy to remove the agitator?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#agitator

Posted to alt.home.repair
finefello

David Farber wrote:
This approximately 20 year old Maytag washing machine, model # 5228-1
Q621973, has a comforter stuck between the agitator and the tub. I haven't
been able to have a look at it yet but I was wondering if this is as easy as
just removing the agitator and the comforter will be set free. If this is
the case, is it easy to remove the agitator?

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
L.A., CA

having been an appliance repairman in the last life (retired now) I
have done just that! Remove the agitator should be all that's
neccessary.

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

check for parts diagrams if needed free at:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_11.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair
David Farber

"BobK207" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#agitator

It turned out that the there was a 1/2" nut tucked away under the removable
top cover of the agitator. It was a little tricky trying to keep the basket
from moving as I applied counter-clockwise force to the nut.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
L.A., CA