Posted to alt.home.repair
jebber007

Default Exterior Stairs

I definitely recommend ez stairs. They are so easy to use and I like them alot better than using traditional stringer. Check them out for sure.
Looking to build a set of open stairs leading up to a deck constructed
atop my garage. Deck is about 6 ft above grade; stairs sit on a
C-slab poured adjacent to side of garage. As the deck is Duradek with
a drip edge about the periphery of deck, the only means of fixing the
stairs to the house is to put a series of lag bolts through the side
of the stair top, through the vinyl siding and into the house.

The existing stairs are 2 x 10/2 x 6 construction (spruce/fir?) with
treated 4 x 4 posts. Thinking of a series of 3 x 2x12 carriages and 1
1/16 x 11 1/2 OSB treads, all from spruce, maintaining the treated 4 x
4 posts. Looking for an opinion on these building materials as
opposed to others. I'd look to a serious paint covering of the
softwood as opposed to the treated stairs.
--

Monroe

Posted to alt.home.repair

spammer, interesting product though...