Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Eliminating Cigarette Smell in a House?

Cindy wrote:
Any tips, hints or products someone could recommend to remove the smell of
cigarette smoke from the home of ex-heavy smokers?

Thanks!

Cindy

--
Carry Forward Bandwidth! Included In All NewsGuy Accounts!
Don't lose what you don't use! - http://newsguy.com/overview.htm

Cindy-

I'd put my money on Fabreze. The stuff really works

I accidently cremated two ham hocks while making split pea soup. I put
the pan on full high burner for about an hour (instead of turning it
off as I had intended)

When I returned to the house after a one hour walk, the house was
filled with thick smoke (actually just from the ceiling to about waist
height).

Took about an hour to empty the house with fans. The house reeked of a
sick, sweet burned smell............it was nasty!

I had the drapes cleaned, I wiped down the walls & floors (tile) w/
TSP a couple fo times

I sprayed Fabreze on all of the fabric items (carpet, furniture,
pillows, etc) that I didn't want to replace or pay to have cleaned.
The smoke really only got into about half the house (kitchen, family,
dining & living rooms)

I used several (many) bottles of the stuff but after a rew months the
smell was COMPLETELY gone (as was the reminder of my attempt to "burn
down the house")

I'm sold on the stuff, it really worked for me.

cheers
Bob