Posted to alt.home.repair
John61

Default interior door painting

Hi,

I plan to paint all the interior doors in my house that are now stained and
look old. My questions:

1) what kind of roller should I use: smooth, or ultra smooth?

2) what sheen is best: semi-gloss or satin or...

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"John61" wrote in message
Hi,

I plan to paint all the interior doors in my house that are now stained

and
look old. My questions:

1) what kind of roller should I use: smooth, or ultra smooth?

2) what sheen is best: semi-gloss or satin or...

Sheen is up to you. I like semi-gloss.

Use a smooth roller and have a damp bush to ad the brush stokes along the
grain of the wood.

In a perfect world the brush strokes don't show. But if your paint is a
little thick brush strokes look better on a door than roller bumples.

Two thin coats are better than one heavy one.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.