Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outdoor Stairs Under Lsiging Door/Ledger

Rookie handyman here.

I need to build simple stairs under the sliding door in the back of my
house.

The sliding door is about 3.5 feet off the ground, 8' wide.

I have 2 questions.

I want to attach the ledger to the brick (cinder blocks), but I'm not
sure which bolts and hardware to secure it with. The ledger needs to be
8 feet wide (width of the sliginf doors), what is the general rule for
spacing out each piece of securing hardware? I'm looking for specifics
so I know what to ask for at the big box store.

Secondly, the bottom of the stairs. I'm not sure if I need to dig holes
and pour concrete to attach each stringer to the ground, or pour a
concrete pad, as I read in places. if I create a pad, could I use those
pre-made contrete things that the bottom of the stringer sits in?

I'd like for these stairs to be solid, and last as long as possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

No landing sir. Basically the top step would be the landing.