Posted to alt.home.repair
pronforall

Default HELP: my bathtub faucet drips and I cant identify the type/manufacturer but I have a picture of it

http://www.geocities.com/asa386/bathroom.jpg

my bathtub faucet has been dripping for over two weeks now and steadly
getting worse by the looks of it ...

Anyone know who the manufacturer of this faucet is?
Anyone know how to fix it?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Photon713

About a year ago I repaired a shower/tub cartridge exactly like
the one shown. I believe it was a Moen. I had to purchase a
cartridge puller ($10) to remove the old one. Home Depot sold
a repair kit (~$12) that included three O rings and two rubber
tabs installed on both sides for hot and cold flow. Chances are
one of the tabs is torn and not shutting off the hot or cold flow.
A problem with an O ring would cause the leak behind the
handle. Your leak is probably one of the tabs torn.
Make note of the original cartridge placement and put it back
in the same way. It is possible to install the cartridge upside
down. Home Depot did not have a replacement cartridge in
their inventory, so, be careful when removing the original one
as you'll have to reuse it with the new repair kit. If the rubber
tabs are torn inside, it may take a little effort to pull the original
cartridge back out, thus, I had to buy the cartridge puller.

Your local plumbing store may have the entire cartridge. I'm
sure he'll know what is needed.

Good Luck...Bob

--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
"pronforall" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.26.19.13.47.789291@mindyourbusine ss.com...
http://www.geocities.com/asa386/bathroom.jpg

my bathtub faucet has been dripping for over two weeks now and steadly
getting worse by the looks of it ...

Anyone know who the manufacturer of this faucet is?
Anyone know how to fix it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

From the pic it looks like something written on the bottom of the trim
plate. It looks like it says Delta, but I'm not sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Photon713

Yes, I believe you are correct. I mentioned a Moen, but, I believe
you're correct. It may well be a Delta. My memory was from a year
ago. But, the information about the cartridge still applies.

Bob

--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
From the pic it looks like something written on the bottom of the trim

plate. It looks like it says Delta, but I'm not sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

pronforall wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/asa386/bathroom.jpg

my bathtub faucet has been dripping for over two weeks now and steadly
getting worse by the looks of it ...

Anyone know who the manufacturer of this faucet is?
Anyone know how to fix it?

Hey,
That looks like what we have in our main bathroom, Delta.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Photon713" wrote in message
Yes, I believe you are correct. I mentioned a Moen, but, I

believe
you're correct. It may well be a Delta. My memory was from a

year
ago. But, the information about the cartridge still applies.

Bob

--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
From the pic it looks like something written on the bottom

of the trim
plate. It looks like it says Delta, but I'm not sure.

Before I started reading the replies, I thought to myself, That
looks like a Delta, made in USA

Posted to alt.home.repair
pronforall

THanks guys I found this little tidbit:

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_DD/.cmd/act/.c/6_1_M0/.ce/7_1_13B/.p/5_1_J2/.d/0/_th/J_1_6A/_s.7_0_A/7_0_DD?PC_7_1_13B_entryID=218&x=12&y=10&PC_7_1_13B _form=http%3A%2F%2Fdeltaportal.deltafaucet.com%2Fc ustomersupport%2Fentry.jspa#7_1_13B

Ill stop by home depot tommorow

thats a start ...