Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quartermaster frost free silcock

I have 2 question about this item:

First, there is a screw cap on the top behind the faucet handle that
goes over some sort of circular plastic device with a small plastic
point in the middle. Does anyone have any idea as to what this is is
for?

Second, I installed this about a year ago and now there is a small drip

(about twice a minute) from the spout. Can this be repaired without
replacing the entire thing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me.