Posted to alt.home.repair
beekay

Default Quarto air conditioner

Hi,

I'm trying to get some information about my central air conditioner. The
only brand name on it is "Quarto" but I can't find anything on the internet
about it. I live in the Atlanta area, it's in the crawl space. It's possible
I have it confused with the furnace, but I'm pretty sure it's the air
conditioner. Bought the house a couple years ago - no info available.

Thanks,

beekay

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"beekay" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to get some information about my central air conditioner. The
only brand name on it is "Quarto" but I can't find anything on the
internet about it. I live in the Atlanta area, it's in the crawl space.
It's possible I have it confused with the furnace, but I'm pretty sure
it's the air conditioner. Bought the house a couple years ago - no info
available.

If it is in the crawl space, it may be a heater, evaporator for the AC,
both, or air handler. The condensing unit is the part outside. The
condensing unit has the compressor and thee are two copper lines going to
the evaporator coil in the house (or maybe under in your case) Does the
outside unit have a name on it? Do you have a heater some place else?

It may also be a name brand unit that has a new nameplate on it. More
information is needed to determine what you have. Do you have a specific
question about something?

Posted to alt.home.repair
lp13-30

I have seen furnaces named "Quatro", not "Quarto" as you say. The ones I
have seen (only 2 or 3) did not impress me as quality equipment. As I
recall, they used Honeywell Smart Valves, and I heard somewhere that the
trouble those pieces of junk gave put them out of business. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, it is Quatro. Guess I flipped the letters around. So far, it's
been fine, heats and cools OK. Just wondered about the name and who
might really service them.

thanks

beekay