Posted to alt.home.repair
KR

Default Painting & trim

If I'm doing a second coat of painting, should I also go around the
ceiling, doors, etc again?? I put the trim on fairly thick compared to
the rest of the wall...

KR

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

KR wrote:
If I'm doing a second coat of painting, should I also go around the
ceiling, doors, etc again?? I put the trim on fairly thick compared to
the rest of the wall...

Two coats means two coats, not one thick one. One thick coat often
creates more problems and offsets any perceived time savings. More
thin coats is always superior to fewer thick coats.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
KR wrote:
If I'm doing a second coat of painting, should I also go around the
ceiling, doors, etc again?? I put the trim on fairly thick compared to
the rest of the wall...

Two coats means two coats, not one thick one. One thick coat often
creates more problems and offsets any perceived time savings. More
thin coats is always superior to fewer thick coats.

Having said that (typical AHR - providing criticism without actually
answering the question), no you don't necessarily need to paint the trim
again. How does it look?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"jeffc" wrote in message
m...

"KR" wrote in message
oups.com...
If I'm doing a second coat of painting, should I also go around the
ceiling, doors, etc again??

By the way, if you are painting over existing paint, buying a premium wall
paint will usually result in the need for one coat, not two. I sometimes
say "I don't buy cheap paint - it's too expensive." If you need twice as
many gallons and it takes you twice as long to do, it's not much of a
bargain any more. Top quality paint will cost in the $22-30 range
usually. And usually very worth it.

You can't buy premium paint. It involves opening the yellow pages and
finding a real paint store, instead of mindlessly going to Home Despot. If
you *do* manage to locate a paint store, you can't get there without a map,
which you can't get because the kids are hogging the computer, and even
though gas stations sell nice local map books, it's illegal to buy them or
look at them.

Just forget the whole idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Kanter wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message
m...

"KR" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Forgot to take your medication this AM?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...

Doug Kanter wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message
m...

"KR" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Stop, will ya? Go have some more coffee.