Posted to alt.home.repair
GotBonus?

Default Air cleaners with cleanable filters.

We are looking for an freestanding Aircleaner(or two) for our home. we have
tried the Ionic Breeze( not even sure where we got that thing), but it needs
cleaning every couple of days and makes an irritating "arching" zap when
dirty which is irritating if it decides to do it an 2 a.m.
We also had one of the Orecks some years ago, but the motor went bad on it
and it would have been to costly to replace.

Anyway, is there a unit that does a good job that we would be able to wash
the filter out, or has filters that don't cost an arm an a leg to replace
every few weeks?

This doesn't need to be hospital grade air, just good cleaning and odor
removal.
Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"GotBonus?" wrote in message

We are looking for an freestanding Aircleaner(or two) for our home. we

have
tried the Ionic Breeze( not even sure where we got that thing), but it

needs
cleaning every couple of days and makes an irritating "arching" zap when
dirty which is irritating if it decides to do it an 2 a.m.
We also had one of the Orecks some years ago, but the motor went bad on it
and it would have been to costly to replace.

Anyway, is there a unit that does a good job that we would be able to wash
the filter out, or has filters that don't cost an arm an a leg to replace
every few weeks?

This doesn't need to be hospital grade air, just good cleaning and odor
removal.
Any suggestions?

If your Ionic Breezes are getting dirty after a couple of days, you need to
find the source of the dirt. My Ionic Breeze is good for ~500 sqft. Maybe
you need more than one IB?

If you think the zap is annoying try one of the fan powered cleaners,
HUMMMMMMMM all the time. Then comes the expense of the filters, or washing
them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

SQLit wrote:

"GotBonus?" wrote in message

[...]

Hmmm,
Maybe smoker(s) in the house? My electronic cleaner mounted on the
heating system needs one cleaning per year.
Posted to alt.home.repair
GotBonus?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
SQLit wrote:
"GotBonus?" wrote in message
[...]

No smokers, but we live in Arizona, so it could be dust. What I am looking
for are suggestions for good alternatives that don't cost a ton in filter
replacement. I don't mind initial expense(reasonable) but I don't want
ongoing filter costs, is there such an animal?
Preferably room sized units.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

The Ionic Breeze is a POS. It does not move enough air to effectively
clean anything. The velocities through the unit are very low, they
range from 40 feet per minute (FPM) to 125 FPM. The plate area is very
small as well. A good fan or system powered air cleaner will have
higher velocities, 300 to 500 FPM and a much larger filter or plate
area to filter much more air.

The Honeywell Enviracare is supposed to be a good unit, but it uses a
prefilter and a HEPA. I don't know what filters cost. I would
recommend a duct mounted electronic air cleaner such as Research
Products 5000. Or Research Products Space Guard 2200 or 2400.

Electronic Air Cleaners should be cleaned every month. If they last a
year between cleanings, there is something wrong.

Stretch