Posted to alt.home.repair
tym

Default rug cleaning

Hello
I want to rent a rug shampooing machine from my local food store but
wonder if it will be worth the money. I have puppy pee-pee on my rugs
and just cant get the smell out of the rug. Anyone have experience
with these food store rug cleaners?
Thanks
TYM

Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS

On 11 Mar 2006 06:21:08 -0800, "tym" wrote:

Hello
I want to rent a rug shampooing machine from my local food store but
wonder if it will be worth the money. I have puppy pee-pee on my rugs
and just cant get the smell out of the rug.

You need to soak the rug with an enzyme based cleaning product, like
Nature's Miracle, easily found in pet stores anywhere. Follow the
directions liberally, and you'll be able to get the smell out. The
machine won't help with this aspect of your problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

tym wrote:

Hello
I want to rent a rug shampooing machine from my local food store but
wonder if it will be worth the money. I have puppy pee-pee on my rugs
and just cant get the smell out of the rug. Anyone have experience
with these food store rug cleaners?
Thanks
TYM

Hi,
If it's not BIG, send in for dry cleaning. Even big one, commercial
cleaner can have it cleaned. Puppy smell is nothing compared to cats.
I have a Bissell steam cleaner. When accident happens, right away I
clean up the spot.
Posted to alt.home.repair
tym

JUST WANTED TO FOLLOW UP WITH YOU AND TELL YOU THAT I DID GO OUT AND
BUY NATURE'S MIRACLE AT PETSMART AFTER READING YOUR POSTING. ITS TAKEN
ME ABOUT A WEEK TO FINISH THE JOB BUT THAT STUFF WORKED! IT BROUGHT
THE STAIN UP AND AFTER A FEW TIMES GOING OVER IT......ITS FINALLY GONE
AND THE SMELL IS GONE. REALLY APPRECIATE THE TIP! THANKS A MILLION
TYM

"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
VCR image only when fast-forwarding (tried cleaning heads) [email protected] Electronics Repair 20 September 24th 05 02:13 PM