Posted to alt.home.repair

Default deglossing a textured wall

I have some textured drywall which I would like to smooth by floating a
new surface with joint compound. Some of the walls have a very glossy
finish. I just tried to roughen them up with sandpaper, but, of course,
I can only hit the high spots of the texture. Most of the wall is still
glossy. Is there any good way to degloss a wall like this?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis

"Jim McLaughlin" jim.mclaughlin writes:
And "pva" is what, exactly?

Most likely polyvinyl alcohol or polyvinyl acetate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_alcohol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_acetate

the alcohol is a derivitive of the acetate.

The acetate is a common glue.

Cinder Block Retaining Wall Question [email protected] Home Repair 5 September 15th 05 06:12 PM
insulating a wall Rick Dipper UK diy 10 August 6th 04 08:33 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
Wall falling down? Alex UK diy 8 August 29th 03 10:54 AM
Retaining Wall in front of another Retaining Wall MCL Home Repair 0 July 11th 03 03:48 PM